At Urban Mining Company, Grain Boundary Engineering™ increases overall performance of the NdFeB product through control of chemical properties. Grain Boundary Modification™ is a new grain boundary engineering technique that allows for the systematic improvement of material properties including distribution and corrosion resistance.
- Reduces Dy content in the NdFeB product
- Augments coercivity (iHc) up to 83%
- Increases the temperature resistance of the magnet
- Precisely controls drop in remanence (Br)
- Improves reversible coefficient behavior (α, β)
- Removes the limitation of thickness when compared to diffusion techniques
- Used in both virgin and recycled production